Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Join the College and Career Readiness and Success Center (CCRS Center) as it hosts a dynamic panel discussing preparation of career and technical education (CTE) teachers to include and support students with disabilities. Panel members will discuss the impact of current CTE educator preparation on states and districts; state practices such as micro credentialing, alternative certification, co-teaching, cooperatives and other models; and considerations and recommendations for improving CTE success for students with disabilities. The panel will also take questions from webinar participants.
Presenters will include:
- Tessie Rose Bailey, PhD, Principal Technical Assistance Consultant, AIR, Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform (CEEDAR) Center; National Center for Systemic Improvement (NCSI)
- Roddy Theobald, PhD, Senior Researcher, AIR, National Center for Analysis of Longitudinal Data in Education Research (CALDER)
- Kimberlee Bartel, PhD, Associate Professor, Central Washington University, College of Education and Professional Studies
- Scott Chafin, Program Manager, Career, Technical and Agricultural Education (CTAE), Georgia Department of Education
- Paula Poulicek, Special Populations Program Specialist, Career, Technical and Agricultural Education (CTAE), Georgia Department of Education
- Troy Haugen, CTE Coordinator, Lakes Country Service Cooperative, Minnesota Department of Education Lynn Holdheide, Managing Technical Assistance Consultant, AIR, Center for Great Teachers and Leaders; Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform (CEEDAR) Center
- Moderator: GeMar Neloms, Senior Technical Assistance Consultant, AIR, College and Career Readiness and Success (CCRS) Center
This is the final webinar in a series that explores strategies and leverage points for ensuring equitable access to career readiness opportunities for students with disabilities. The other webinars in this series have included: