Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Remake Learning is seeking an independent contractor to serve as Communications Specialist to create and coordinate content that tells the stories of people and places making learning more engaging, relevant, and equitable in the Pittsburgh region. The ideal contractor is a maker and writer who likes to build from scratch and collaborate with a team to tell stories that catalyze social change. Submit your application by Friday, September 21st.
Please note this is a contract for professional communications services; payment will be a total fee (i.e. no health insurance or other benefits are provided). Grantmakers of Western PA (GWP) provides grants administration for Remake Learning activities, and GWP will be the contracting organization.
The total fee under this contract is expected to range from $40,000 to $46,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
- Every day
- Manage email@example.com inbox
- Post and interact on Remake Learning’s social media, including running paid boosting
- Respond to requests for materials and language from the team
- Every week
- Design digital and print materials
- Write and post blog posts, and contributions from guest authors
- Create email newsletters
- Add and edit website content, including member and calendar listings
- Attend team meetings
- Every month
- Produce social media analytics reports
- Commission photography
- Design and order swag and print materials
- Pitch stories to press
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in a communications-related field
- Skilled writer, copy editor, and designer
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Self-sufficient and independent; able to meet deadlines and manage time
- Responsive to feedback and comfortable iterating and collaborating
- Proficient to advanced in the following software:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
About Remake Learning
Remake Learning is a professional network of educators in the Pittsburgh region who are dedicated to making learning more engaging, relevant, and equitable. Through community building, grant funding, and storytelling, Remake Learning connects educators, school administrators, entrepreneurs, technologists, and learning scientists to deepen their work in support of young people navigating rapid social and technological change. Learn more at remakelearning.org.