Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The First Annual Connected Learning Summit (CLS) will be held at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Media Lab.
The mission of the CLS is to fuel a growing movement of innovators harnessing the power of emerging technology to expand access to participatory, playful, and creative learning. It represents a merger between three community events with this shared vision and values: the Digital Media and Learning Conference, the Games+Learning+Society Conference, and Sandbox Summit.
With a unique focus on cross-sector connections and progressive and catalytic innovation, the event brings together leading researchers, educators and developers. The program includes a mix of engaging presentation and workshop formats ranging from speculative design, to game walkthroughs, sharing work in progress, and research panels.
Conference highlights include:
- Keynotes and plenary sessions by leaders in both academics and industry;
- Peer reviewed (and blind peer reviewed) research papers, spotlights (for project-based presentations), and symposia;
- Interactive workshops on technology research and design;
- Hands-on exploration and walk-throughs of games and other media in our well-played sessions;
- A lively “hall of failure” featuring honest post mortems on projects, programs and products;
- Smart, fast, performative “ignite” sessions that will jolt your creativity and make you both laugh and cry;
- A community showcase evening event for working papers, tech demos, and kernels of ideas;
- Fireside chats with luminaries across fields.
Learn more about and sign up for email updates at connectedlearningsummit.org.