Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Research & Evaluation Assistant (Part-Time)
WHO WE ARE
We’re a non-profit organization that aims to activate lifelong curiosity in each student we work with, cultivating the mindset, essential habits, and skills to succeed in life and work. Opportunity Education’s Quest Forward Learning is a learning ecosystem that supports students, teachers and curriculum designers worldwide. It’s built on three core components: a methodology for active learning, ready-to-use curriculum materials, and mobile and web apps that power learning, mentoring, and content development. Our curricular materials and learning experiences are called “quests” and they’re designed to empower and inspire young people to become engaged observers and active agents in the world. We have two Quest Forward Academies, one located in Omaha, Nebraska and one in Santa Rosa, California, and work with other schools worldwide.
We are seeking a part-time Research & Evaluation Assistant to join our team. As a qualified candidate, you will assist with our qualitative evaluation program. This includes analyzing qualitative data from student, parent, and mentor interviews, classroom observations, and short surveys. You will also create student profiles for our 16 case study students, updating documents quarterly to reflect student experiences, learning, and perceptions of their Quest Forward experiences. You’ll summarize key insights and provide recommendations to our team to improve Quest Forward Learning.
- Code qualitative data and summarize key patterns and findings.
- Communicate findings through written and visual reports and creation of student profiles.
- Communicate frequently with the Research and Evaluation team, including weekly in-person meetings, Google Hangouts and via Slack.
- Travel every three months for team meetings. Our team is spread out across the country and we get together in-person for 2-3 days each quarter. You will not be responsible for travel costs.
- High standard of quality and ability to evaluate your own work critically.
- Intense curiosity about learning and motivation.
- Ability to work very efficiently on your own, and know when to reach out and collaborate.
- Eagerness to develop and share new ideas.
- Excel at giving and receiving thoughtful and respectful feedback and critiques.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what is best for our products and end users.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- M.A. or M.S. in education, learning sciences, or research methodology.
- 2-3 years of experience with qualitative research methods.
- Located in Pittsburgh, PA