Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire high school students for the Pittsburgh Summer Community program.
Program Dates: June 1st through August 8th
- Co-lead field based projects, such as trail building, invasive removal and habitat restoration
- Teach environmental education curriculum
- Mentor youth in job readiness and personal development
- Create a fun and productive atmosphere for crew members
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Experience mentoring or leading work projects
- Desire to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Desire to mentor, inspire, and engage youth (ages 14-18)
- Current First Aid certifications & CPR required by start of training
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, i.e. trail maintenance, trails construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Teaching, coaching, camp counselor, or outdoor leadership experience
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
Compensation: $600/week, 3 weeks paid training (June 1-25)
To Apply: Go to thesca.org/pittsburgh-community-crew-leader. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email email@example.com with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.