Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The Manager of Learning and Community Engagement supports the work of the Learning and Community Engagement Department and specifically oversees the areas of Community Engagement, Accessibility, OTPAAM (Orchestra Training Program for African American Musicians) and Music and Wellness. The Manager assists in shaping the Inclusion and Accessibility initiatives of the organization. The position works with musicians for small group services in community settings and manages the department interns and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Community Engagement Program. Creates and maintains strong, collaborative
relationships with community organizations and individuals. Serves as manager on site for
community events and represents PSO in community forums.
- Works collaboratively with the Operations Department to implement the OTPAAM
Program, supporting recruitment and professional learning opportunities for the OTPAAM
- Manages the Music and Wellness Program and musician exchange services in the
community, working collaboratively with the Director. Manages the blogs and website for
Music and Wellness. Develops ideas and strategies for advancing program effectiveness.
- Works collaboratively with other departmental staff to create meaningful messaging and
communications for the areas of learning, community, and inclusion. Works with video
producer and Manager of Digital Marketing to create content for website, blogs, CODA,
social media, and donor/patron relations collateral.
- Works with SVP to support Accessibility Initiatives and Sensory Friendly program,
monitoring Accessibility Initiative and Inclusion Initiative. Works with Accessibility
Advisory Committee to implement recommendations to improve accessibility in the areas of
facility, programming, management/leadership, and communications.
- Provides event support as needed for all other Learning and Community Programs.
- All other duties as assigned.