Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The First Annual Connected Learning Summit (CLS) to be held at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Media Lab.
The mission of the CLS is to fuel a growing movement of innovators harnessing the power of emerging technology to expand access to participatory, playful, and creative learning. It represents a merger between three community events with this shared vision and values: the Digital Media and Learning Conference, the Games+Learning+Society Conference, and Sandbox Summit.
With a unique focus on cross-sector connections and progressive and catalytic innovation, the event brings together leading researchers, educators and developers. The program includes a mix of engaging presentation and workshop formats ranging from speculative design, to game walkthroughs, sharing work in progress, and research panels.
Conference highlights include:
- Keynotes and plenary sessions by leaders in both academics and industry;
- Peer reviewed (and blind peer reviewed) research papers, spotlights (for project-based presentations), and symposia;
- Interactive workshops on technology research and design;
- Hands-on exploration and walk-throughs of games and other media in our well-played sessions;
- A lively “hall of failure” featuring honest post mortems on projects, programs and products;
- Smart, fast, performative “ignite” sessions that will jolt your creativity and make you both laugh and cry;
- A community showcase evening event for working papers, tech demos, and kernels of ideas;
- Fireside chats with luminaries across fields.
We encourage the submission of academic papers and project presentations as well as more innovative session formats which focus on digital technologies for learning, educational and commercial games and other media, innovative tech-infused curricula, and theoretical and/or empirical exploration of digital media and technology for learning.
Final paper and extended abstracts from all session types will be included in the Connected Learning Conference Proceedings. All proposals will be peer reviewed. Research papers only will be blind reviewed.
Learn more about session formats and how to apply at connectedlearningsummit.org.