Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Summary: The Professional Development Specialist is responsible for designing and facilitating professional development sessions and other supportive activities in order to increase educator proficiency in the teaching of STEM education.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designing, planning and facilitating professional development sessions for educators of STEM education on and off site to serve all customer needs.
- Serving in a resource or consulting role with districts to help with decisions and plans in regards to their districts professional development needs.
- Researching new trends in education to keep the organization current.
- Practicing and modeling innovative growth mindset approaches to teaching and learning.
- Use appropriate technology to develop and deliver professional development through on-line and other multimedia delivery systems.
- Ability to travel either alone or with another employee as dictated by business needs
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keeping teaching skills and knowledge of STEM up to date by attending regional, state, and national conferences, researching current and new educational trends in the STEM field.
- Presenting at regional, state and national conferences.
- Submitting research to current publications.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Reports to Executive Director
- Supervises none
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, science, engineering or technology focus preferred.
- Demonstrated mastery, through education or experience, of STEM content at or above Middle level grades
- Minimum of 2 years classroom teaching experience, or equivalent in adult learning environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with standards based and Three-dimensional STEM teaching and learning.
- Understanding the use of research based methods (inquiry, 5 Elements of Effective Science Instruction, How People Learn) when designing and facilitating in order for educators to experience these teaching and learning strategies.
- Experience with the design, production and delivery of multimedia and/or online STEM based instruction preferred.
- Ability to model, create, and cultivate a culture of continual learning for other professionals that improves the educational experiences of all students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Flexible schedule, willingness to travel
- General technological competence including proficiency in Microsoft Office and research databases.
- Willingness to travel with overnight stays.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to walk, stand, pull, push, stoop, lift, and perform manual dexterity.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure.
- Ability to be physically in attendance at designated workstation during scheduled shift.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes and contact information to email@example.com. Please include Professional Development Specialist (Science, Technology, Engineering) in the subject line.