Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The Y Creator Space, a YMCA youth STEM program, is seeking a Program Coordinator to work up to 30 hours a week at the Homewood-Brushton YMCA and on rare occasions at other program sites including Bethel Park, Allentown, and events and programs throughout the region.
- Develop and implement STEM lessons/programs for the Y Creator Space’s after-school and summer program (grades 3-8) in Homewood
- Maintain a strong sense of structure, consistency, professionalism, and quality at program site, and coach other Y Creator Space (YCS) team members accordingly
- Ensure the safe and effective use of program resources, including computers, 3D printers, audio-visual equipment, and art materials
- Track and record program attendance, data, and successes
- Lead youth recruitment efforts and lead/assist with program/event planning
- Be able and willing to support YCS work throughout the greater Pittsburgh region, including in Allentown, Bethel Park, and other locations
- Maintain and establish relationships with relevant community partners
- Be responsive to current trends in the fields of STEM, design thinking, project-based learning, and Maker education
- Be able and willing to work a schedule that may varies by season and that includes evenings and some mornings and weekends
- Possess and maintain mandatory clearances (Criminal Background, Child Abuse, and FBI)
- 5+ years of teaching and youth development experience, particularly grades 3-8
- Strong working knowledge of computers and technology
- The ideal candidate is professional, self-directed, highly adaptable, curious, committed to excellence, and has a positive attitude.