Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
- Department: Center for Self-Economic Reliance
- Position: STEAM Program Coordinator
- Supervisor: STEAM Program Manager
- Salary: Negotiable
- Hours: Full Time (includes some evenings and weekends)
- Status: Exempt
POSITION PROFILE AND SUMMARY
The Program Coordinator is the most visible person on a day to day basis for assigned programs and tasks. As such, the Program Coordinator must articulate and project the vision, goals and objectives of the programs as well as provide the hands-on programming direction and leadership. He/she should be at ease promoting the benefits of the programs to community stakeholders (regionally and nationally). This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of assigned program implementation. The Program Coordinator must be available for evenings, weekends and summer programming. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively with strategic partners, take direction well and model exemplary leadership abilities. The Program Coordinator must also demonstrate a high degree of initiative, creativity as well as process strong administrative, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all aspects of assigned programs (i.e., Build Your “A” Game, Digital Connectors, Project Ready Projects, Techno Teens and other youth programs), which includes logistics, outreach and marketing, recruitment, orientations, scheduling, program implementation, identifying and booking venues, data collection and database maintenance, evaluation, reporting and record keeping, recognition, fieldtrips). Current division of time is as follows. Follow Department/Agency policies and procedures for participant engagement in assigned programs.
- Supervise staff (paid and volunteer) and youth; maintain program schedule
- Coordinate and be the lead chaperone at all youth related fieldtrips (local, regional and national trips).
- Build relationships between youth and technology, media or other professionals; connect youth to industry sectors (i.e., technology, health) through shadowing experiences, presentations or tours.
- Meet regularly with partners, teachers and school administrators for program updates and/or to report program progress. Manage and recognize relationships with partners and work experience site supervisors (i.e., invite to recognition events, plan a “Thank You” luncheon and debriefing meetings with all sites). Develop survey for feedback.
- Coordinate parent orientations for assigned programs as per Department protocol for all programs. Cultivate positive relationships with parents of all programs/initiatives youth participants; manage their expectations and educate them, when required, to understand the processes program (criteria for recruitment, selection and participation).
- Solicit and provide feedback from community regarding perceived educational and youth development needs of minority youth, at risk kids, perception of Urban League Education and Youth Development Department programs and initiatives as well as possess ability to evaluate community capacity.
- As required attend mandatory National, Regional and local trainings and meetings.
- Submit to STEAM Manager/ Department Director all outgoing correspondence, informational documents and responses (i.e. reports, recruitment material, correspondences to parents, program guidelines, and complaints) to funders, parents, community partners for formal approval.
- Maintain accurate records of population we serve, compile demographic information about students who participate in our programs for evaluation and research purposes. Assist Director in establishing data systems for education department programs; research best practices; create program evaluation tools; monitor and track program effectiveness.
- Submit monthly reports on all assigned programs and related activities. Prepare all other reports as required by the department, agency, funding sources and collaborative partners.
- Work with Program Manager to establish and document program policies and procedures for participant engagement in assigned programs to include in the Department’s manual and records.
- Contribute to overall program development through collaboration, networking, linking with other agencies. Contribute to Department combined team effort.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEAM related Discipline or equivalent experience and training
- Knowledge of and/or strong interest in education, youth development and community outreach
- Experience in youth outreach, project management preferred
- Ability to prepare and make oral presentations before various groups; present at workshops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers, schools, partners and community members
- Qualities sought include: self-directed, collaborative, well-organized, enthusiastic, flexible and takes initiative
- Good research skills
- Computer literate
- Team Player
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expertise in youth skill building, computer training, facilitation of hands on learning opportunities, effective implementation of curricula, facilitation of large and small group sessions,
- Ability to insure programs’ milestones are met; that programs work within established framework
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening), time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of reporting and record keeping processes
- High level of computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite, outlook email, internet , ability to train youth in computer maintenance, media production, advanced internet use)
- Competency in enrolling and engaging youth as well as relating to people from all sectors
- Attentive to details
Please send resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements to Jane Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.