School and Classroom Supplies Initiative: The core program of The Education Partnership provides school and classroom supplies, at no cost, to eligible schools in the organization’s six county service area.
- The fundamental criterion for eligibility is that a school must demonstrate that at least 70% of the student body qualifies for the National School Lunch Program
- Schools primarily serving grades K-12 are chosen annually through an application process
- Teachers from participating schools may come to The Education Partnership’s Resource Center, located in Pittsburgh’s West End, three times during the school year to secure supplies for themselves and their students from a wide array of materials
- An annual in-school distribution of materials to students and teachers is also held during the school year
- Pencils, crayons, notebooks, binders and tissues are some of the most critically needed items