Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP)
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP)

The Allegheny branch of the Carnegie Public Library is one of 19 locations around Pittsburgh.

CLP – Allegheny is the Carnegie Library system’s North Side branch, located on Federal Street in Allegheny Center. The newly redesigned location is one of the four homes for The Labs @ CLP, the youth initiative that teaches kids about music production, interactive art and filmmaking.

The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the public library system in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Its main branch is located in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, and it has 19 branch locations throughout the city. The construction of the main library, which opened in 1895, as well as several neighborhood branches, was funded by industrialist Andrew Carnegie. While Carnegie provided the seed money to build the library facilities, he did not leave an endowment for their ongoing operations and maintenance. Thanks to local, county and state governments, corporations, foundations and individuals, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s Libraries for LIFE Capital Campaign is renewing library buildings to meet the needs of today’s library customer.

CLP – Allegheny was last modified: August 1st, 2016 by The Sprout Fund