Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP)
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP)

Marshall-Shadeland location of Pittsburgh's public library system

CLP – Woods Run is the Carnegie Library system’s Marshall-Shadeland branch, located on Woods Run Avenue in the upper North Side. Situated near Riverview Park, the location is one of the first host sites for the Remake Learning Digital Corps.

The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the public library system in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Its main branch is located in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, and it has 19 branch locations throughout the city. The construction of the main library, which opened in 1895, as well as several neighborhood branches, was funded by industrialist Andrew Carnegie. While Carnegie provided the seed money to build the library facilities, he did not leave an endowment for their ongoing operations and maintenance. Thanks to local, county and state governments, corporations, foundations and individuals, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s Libraries for LIFE Capital Campaign is renewing library buildings to meet the needs of today’s library customer.

CLP – Woods Run was last modified: July 7th, 2014 by Ani Martinez