Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP)
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP)

The Main branch of the Carnegie Public Library is one of 19 locations around Pittsburgh.

CLP – Main is the Carnegie Library system’s Oakland branch, located on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh. The location, opened in 1895, also acts as the Library’s main branch. It is one of the four homes for The Labs @ CLP, the youth initiative that teaches kids about music production, interactive art and filmmaking.

The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is the public library system in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Its main branch is located in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, and it has 19 branch locations throughout the city. The construction of the main library, which opened in 1895, as well as several neighborhood branches, was funded by industrialist Andrew Carnegie. While Carnegie provided the seed money to build the library facilities, he did not leave an endowment for their ongoing operations and maintenance. Thanks to local, county and state governments, corporations, foundations and individuals, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s Libraries for LIFE Capital Campaign is renewing library buildings to meet the needs of today’s library customer.

CLP – Main was last modified: June 2nd, 2014 by The Sprout Fund