- Develop and implement STEM lessons/programs for after-school sites, childcare sites, summer camps, and in-school sites (K-8, but primarily grades 3-6)
- Maintain a strong sense of structure, consistency, professionalism, and quality at assigned program sites, and coach other YCS team members accordingly
- Ensure the safe and effective use of program resources, including computers, 3D printers, audio-visual equipment, and art materials
- Track and record program attendance, data, and successes
- Lead youth recruitment efforts and assist with site development
- Be able and willing to travel by personal transportation throughout the greater Pittsburgh region to deliver YCS programming in Homewood, Allentown, Bethel Park, and other locations
- Maintain and establish relationships with relevant community partners
- Be responsive to current trends in the fields of STEM, design thinking, project-based learning, and Maker education
- Be able to work a schedule that may vary by week or season and that includes evenings and weekends
- Possess and maintain mandatory clearances (Criminal Background, Child Abuse, and FBI)
- 3+ years of teaching and youth development experience, particularly grades 3-6
- Strong working knowledge of computers and technology
- The ideal candidate is professional, self-directed, highly adaptable, curious, committed to excellence, and has a positive attitude.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred
15 to 20 hours per week
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.