- Develop and implement STEM lessons/programs for the Y Creator Space’s after-school and summer program (grades 3-8) in Homewood
- Maintain a strong sense of structure, consistency, professionalism, and quality at program site, and coach other Y Creator Space (YCS) team members accordingly
- Ensure the safe and effective use of program resources, including computers, 3D printers, audio-visual equipment, and art materials
- Track and record program attendance, data, and successes
- Lead youth recruitment efforts and lead/assist with program/event planning
- Be able and willing to support YCS work throughout the greater Pittsburgh region, including in Allentown, Bethel Park, and other locations
- Maintain and establish relationships with relevant community partners
- Be responsive to current trends in the fields of STEM, design thinking, project-based learning, and Maker education
- Be able and willing to work a schedule that may varies by season and that includes evenings and some mornings and weekends
- Possess and maintain mandatory clearances (Criminal Background, Child Abuse, and FBI)
- 5+ years of teaching and youth development experience, particularly grades 3-8
- Strong working knowledge of computers and technology
- The ideal candidate is professional, self-directed, highly adaptable, curious, committed to excellence, and has a positive attitude.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred
Up to 30 hours per week
Primary site: Homewood YMCA; on rare occasions, this person may be asked to assist at other program sites (Bethel Park, Allentown, and events and programs in the region).
Shifts: 1:30-7:30 Monday through Friday during the school year; summer hours TBD.
Additional part time positions may be added for other locations including in Allentown and Bethel Park – 10 to 15 hours per week.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.