Developed through years of experience and research in the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh’s MAKESHOP, Boot Camp emphasizes that maker education is about more than a space and the right tools. Participants will explore the processes, materials, and approach of successful maker education and the means to bring these back to their classroom or learning center.
Boot Camp participants will:
- Work in individual and group settings for both hands-on activities and discussions
- Attend four process-focused workshops, designed to give both practical and theoretical insight into different forms of making
- Use both MAKESHOP’s Principles of Practice and other research tools to delve deeply into the learning that happens through making
- Use visioning tools designed by the museum’s Learning and Research department to inform institutional direction as it relates to making
- Share and network with other maker educators
Cost: $900 per person