The Distance Teaching & Learning Conference began in 1985. The conference program emphasizes evidence-based practice, educational innovation, practical application, and peer to peer networking and collaboration. The goal is to provide a transformative professional development experience at an affordable price.
Immerse Yourself in Learning
Every year more than 130 sessions give you the opportunity to find out what others are thinking and doing —and to share your experiences. Here is a link to the 2016 conference archive to review invited speakers and session topics.
You’ll talk about
- Success factors and innovative practices in distance education and training.
- Course design, teaching methods, technology tools, learner support, management, policy, and evaluation.
You’ll learn how to
- Apply new and emerging technologies to online teaching and learning.
- Consider future possibilities and technologies.
You’ll connect with
- Distance educators, trainers, practitioners and administrators from around the world.
- Industry leaders sharing tools, products, and services that increase productivity and improve online practice.
About the Host
The Distance Teaching & Learning Conference is organized and sponsored by UW-Madison Continuing Studies’ Distance Education Professional Development (DEPD) team. DEPD is dedicated to fostering effective teaching and learning, offering online certificates and custom programs that utilize the latest research, best practices, and strategies in distance education. Learn how DEPD can help you grow, lead, and succeed.
A leader in distance education for nearly a century, the University of Wisconsin-Madison has been a catalyst for innovation and research. As a public land-grant university and prolific research institution, UW-Madison’s students and faculty members partake in a world-class education and solve real-world problems. Discover UW-Madison.