The Center for Secondary School Redesign, in partnership with the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, will sponsor the Deeper Learning Summer Institute July 17-19, 2017 at Nashua High School North in Nashua, NH. This three-day professional development opportunity will bring together schools from across the country who are working towards establishing and developing learning environments that facilitate deeper, more personalized learning experiences for all students.
At DLSI 2017 you will:
- Experience deeper learning for yourself through deep dives and interactive workshops
- Connect with powerful educators who care deeply about preparing students for college and the careers of tomorrow
- Learn new ideas and practices that will equip you and your colleagues with tools and strategies to spread deeper learning.
In addition to Institute sponsors CSSR and NEASC, the Institute has also partnered with three Leading Edge Schools: Hall-Dale Middle School and High School. Souhegan High School, and Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School.
Interactive workshops will be offered on Day 1 and Day 3 of the Institute, and will be offered in two formats: 90-minute and three-hour sessions. Workshops will be organized around the following three themes: 1) Change Leadership to Create Student-Centered Learning Environments; 2) Classroom Practices to Promote Deeper, Student-Centered Learning Environments; and 3) School-Wide Programs that Promote Student Agency. Day 2 and 3 of the Institute will feature deep dives offered by the five DLSI 2017 partners (CSSR, NEASC, Hall-Dale, Parker and Souhegan).
Workshops will address driving questions such as:
- How can we support students in driving the design and implementation of deeper learning experiences?
- How can we support leaders to effect a shift toward deeper, more student-centered learning experiences for students?
- How can we foster equitable communities of practice where all students have access to deeper more personalized learning experiences?
Please visit our event webpage for more details including: more details about our Leading Edge school partners, more information about workshops, a tentative schedule, as well as logistics, registration and payment information.
Interested in presenting? We are currently accepting workshop proposals for both 90-minute and three-hour sessions. Please visit our workshop proposal webpage to learn more and submit a proposal. Proposals must be submitted by April 15, 2017. For those who submit a proposal, whether accepted or not, a discounted registration rate will be extended.
We look forward to seeing you in Nashua in July!
In the meantime, you can always reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com.