Build your robot individually or in teams using a Raspberry Pi. Program your robot to complete the competition challenges. Compete for prizes when you bring your robot to Pi Wars USA.
Pi Wars is the brainchild of Tim Richardson and Mike Horne in the UK. It is a challenge-based robotics competition in which Raspberry Pi-controlled robots are designed, built and programmed by individual students or student teams prior to the competition. On the day of the competition, the students compete in various non-destructive challenges to earn points. Prizes are awarded at the end of the day in various categories based on point totals.
– Straight Line Speed Test: How fast can your robot travel 24 ft?
– Line Following Course: Program your robot to stay on course following a black line.
– Obstacle Challenge: Use a remote control to guide your robot through our obstacle course.
– Pi Noon: Test your driving skills and pop your opponent’s balloon before it pops yours.
– Artistic/Creative: Dress your robot up in style.
– Coding Elegance: Can you write efficient code to program your robot?
Competing students: $10 each
Adult Team Leader: No charge
Spectators: $5 each