We are looking for talented people with teaching experience and a passion for making to join our Summer Camp team at TechShop Pittsburgh.
TechShop Summer Camps are an opportunity for youth ages 8-17 to experience maker culture. These day camps are filled with activities, challenges, and opportunities for young makers to test their limits. Students will receive help from experienced makers to build their dreams here!
Topics include Design and Build, Arduino/Basic Electronics, and Extended Maker Sessions. Visit our Youth Programs page for full camp descriptions. When filling out the application, please include the topic(s) you would be interested in teaching and any relevant experience.
Summer Camp instructors work as contract employees up to 40 hours per week, on a weekly basis.
We are looking for individuals who have the following experience and skill sets:
– Industry experience in instructional area
– Teaching experience with variety of age levels, skill levels and diverse populations
– Ability to work well with others and accommodate changing demands in a busy shop environment
– Excellent customer service skills
– Experience writing lesson plans
– Experience with the following a strong plus: Autodesk CAD programs, 123D Suite, Laser cutting, 3D printers, TechShop culture, fabrication
– Start and end class on time
– Teach class content, as directed
– Willing to develop class content, if asked
– Teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
– Inspire and encourage TechShop students
– Provide support and guidance to variety of learning styles and abilities
– Promote further educational offerings relevant to audience
– Manage class paperwork
– Evaluate student performance
– Inform TechShop Facilities if class materials are running low
Compensation & Perks
$20/hour. First month of TechShop membership is free. Instructors continue to earn a free membership when teaching 12 hours or more per month.
Get started by filling out this online application: https://goo.gl/forms/6ETnNlOXnsc8Dgl82
Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.
June 12 – September 1, 2017
Monday through Friday 9am til 4pm