About ABC CREATE
Funded by the Grable Foundation and hosted by Penn State New Kensington, ABC CREATE is a collaboration of 15 school districts geographically concentrated in the Alle-Kiski region of Western Pennsylvania and a member of CMU’s CREATE Lab Satellite Network.
Our goals at ABC CREATE are to train teachers across all grade levels in STREAM-related technologies and to promote the use of technology, best teaching practice, and project-based learning across disciplines and school districts. Participating schools benefit from shared practices, curriculum, and resources to provide all students with STREAM experiences.
About the position
The ABC CREATE Creative Technology Coach will support the work of the 15 school districts through interactions with ABC CREATE educators as they explore and implement creative technologies and project-based learning. Through the support of the Creative Technology Coach, districts can achieve classroom implementations, which can than see replication throughout the 15 districts. The Coach will also be responsible for sharing the process and progress of ABC CREATE to a wider audience.
- Bachelor’s degree. Teacher certifications desired.
- Reliable transportation with the ability to travel to various locations in the Alle-Kiski/Pittsburgh region.
- Due to travel requirements, this positon also requires successful completion of a motor vehicle records check.
- Demonstrate superb communication skills in order to quickly establish rapport and communicate well with educators and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an ability to learn new technologies, to capture and archive classroom implementations for replication throughout the districts as well as for sharing the process and progress of ABC CREATE.
- Classroom experience strongly preferred.
ABC CREATE Creative Technology Coach Duties
- Identify the STEAM-based skill sets being taught at ABC CREATE schools.
- Compile meaningful mapping of STEAM-based projects and skill sets across all ABC CREATE districts.
- Show scaffolding of learning from STEAM-based projects across K-12 grade levels using P21 Framework of Skills and Themes
- In cooperation with ABC CREATE educators, capture STEAM-based projects in at least the following forms
- Meaningful, replicable, and visually appealing lesson plans.
- Posting suitable content for websites and/or social media as appropriate.
- Archival evidence such as photos, videos, and samples
- Support ABC CREATE educators’ design, use, and implementation of classroom projects
- Attend appropriate creative technology trainings and become an adept user
- Follow up with educators after trainings to assist with classroom implementation
- Arrange school visits to plan classroom implementation
- Confirm dates for classroom implementation
- Provide in-person support for facilitation of classroom implementation
- Make connections and bridge gaps between users and implementation across ABC CREATE districts
Send direct inquiries to Colleen Smith, Outreach Coordinator. Review will begin immediately, and the search will continue until a suitable candidate is found. When applying online, please include resume, contact information for three professional references, and a cover letter outlining qualifications and experience. Interested candidates can apply online to psu.jobs to Job #69600.
ABC CREATE Project Coordinator
Penn State New Kensington
3550 7th Street Road
New Kensington, PA 15068